5 Major Home Renovation Projects That Offer The Best Return On Investment
When it comes to redesigning your home for re-sale there are a few main renovations that top the list.
1. Major Kitchen Remodels. (ROI 75-85%)
The function of the kitchen has progressed over the years and now more than ever the kitchen should meet those needs.
- Buyers want to envision themselves in a beautiful newly renovated kitchen where they could actually see themselves – planning meals for their friends and family -where the children nestle into a cozy banquette carrying out their homework, or their visitors mingling around that gorgeous tropical isle. Buyers want to see this in their thoughts eye and know that it’s achievable.
- A major kitchen redesign may need to include a new floor intend to improve on a poorly designed function triangle.
- If the kitchen is totally dated, isolated and compartmentalized having an inefficient floor plan and design – don’t think that replacing the particular cabinets and appliances will camouflage clothing the problem. It won’t!
- If at all possible add an tropical isle into those plans. Everyone enjoys them!
- Replacing all cabinets, appliances, lighting, flooring, finishes plus fixtures and new French windows and doors will grab the buyers’ interest.
- Since kitchens and bathrooms are the costliest rooms to refurbish, the buyer will be thrilled that the function is already done for them.
2. Family Room Additions. (75% ROI)
The family room is the 2nd most popular space in the home after the cooking area.
- Adding 400 sq . foot. of bright and cheery living area (if your neighborhood will bare it), will definitely improve the value of the home
- Increase the overall height of your room and introduce a vaulted roof. Creating a sense of volume instantly the room feel more spacious.
- Consider the details and add gorgeous French doors, floor to roof windows or even skylights to overflow this new space with lighting and maximizes a view. Take it one step further plus add the deck.
3. Deck Addition. (72-95% ROI)
Deck additions are quite possibly the best purchases these days. They naturally transition the inside to the exterior – instantly growing your living space.
And who won’t love that?
- It’s the vacation-at-home experience, as it expands your own living space and extends the summer period – forcing you to live even more outdoors before the winter season sets in.
- Its design can be as basic or elaborate as the home it can attached to.
- Multi-leveled or solitary, built in seating or casual seats areas, hot tubs, and outside kitchens – all of which add to the holiday home atmosphere.
- Decks tend to be more popular than pools and easy to build.
- Design the floor to compliment the character of your home’s living room exterior architecture. Give it a few thought in planning – it must be proportionate to the size of your lawn.
- Incorporate energy efficient solar or even led lighting.
4. Main Floor Master Bedroom Addition(73% ROI)
- Adding a 400 sq . foot. master bedroom suite and spa-like shower provides a private retreat and interests many home buyers. Access in order to main floor is gaining within popularity.
- Empty nesters as well as others, who no longer want to tackle stairways, prefer to have the master bedroom and shower retreat on the main floor amount of the home.
- Immediate access to a lovely deck or patio outdoors furthermore adds to the return.
5. Two-Story Addition (77% ROI)
- A two-story addition of 800 square foot could include a new main flooring family room and an upper degree master suite complete with a full bath
- Or utilizing that extra space plus designating it, as the home office, is extremely appealing to home- buyers.
- Homeowners are spending more time working from home with the homepreneur trend growing, buyers are usually attracted to the extra space dedicated exclusively to operating their home based company.